Dr Kavitha Kothur
Dr Kavitha Kothur
Dr Kavitha Kothur has specialist qualifications in paediatric neurology and paediatrics. She completed paediatric neurology training through fellowships in epilepsy, neuromuscular, neuroimmunology and general neurology at the Children’s Hospital at Westmead.
Dr Kothur also worked in neurodisability/rehabilitation clinic and child psychiatry. She has worked at paediatric neurology units at Children’s Hospital Westmead, Sydney Children’s Hospital and St George hospitals over last 10 years. She has experience in managing children with disability and strongly advocates for their support services.
Dr Kothur provides comprehensive care for neonates and children with following neurological problems from birth through to 16 years of age and works towards providing best possible care for her patients and their families.
- Neurodevelopmental concerns
- Tics, Tourette syndrome and other abnormal movements
- Weakness, hypotonia and other muscle and nerve related problems
- Genetic neurological conditions
- Cerebral palsy and other brain injury related problems
- Neuropsychiatric and psychosomatic disorders
- EEG (electroencephalography)/videotelemetry diagnostic service is available for diagnosing seizures/epilepsy and can be requested through the clinic website. The report will be given within 24 hours
EEG request form
EEG information sheet
She has a strong interest in clinical research (in epilepsy and neuroimmunology) and teaching. She also has an appointment as clinical lecturer at the Discipline of Paediatrics and Child Health, University of Sydney. She finished her PhD at Institute for Neurosciences and Muscle Research (INMR) in developing biomarkers of neuroinflammation. She published her research in peer-reviewed journals and has presented her research work in national and international child neurology conference.
She is a mother of two young girls and understands family needs and challenges faced by the families.